Northern Star Online offers the same rigorous, student-centered experience as our on-campus courses--only the environment is different. In NSO courses, you'll find student-focused faculty, innovative instruction, and online learning that is flexible and allows students to work at their own pace, place and time. Although it's not for everyone, some students like online course work that offers a unique opportunity to build community, to learn in a new setting, and to learn in a new way. The availability of online learning to students anywhere creates the sense of a "school without borders.
Articles in this section
- What is online learning?
- Are Northern Star Online Courses approved for NCAA Eligibility?
- Who is eligible to enroll in a Northern Star Online learning course?
- I’m a student from another state…can I register for courses through Northern Star Online?
- Does my Minnesota public school and district need to know that I am taking a Northern Star Online course?
- I am a public school student, do I need to contact my public school counselor to take a Northern Star Online course?
- If I attend a private school, do I need to contact a school counselor about my course selection?
- I’m an adult learner…can I still register for courses through Northern Star Online?
- Who pays for online learning?
- How do I register and enroll in a Northern Star Online course?